Application deadline: September 21, 2023.
Status: Temporary position for one (1) year with possibility of prolongation.
Schedule: Part-time: 20 hours (3 days/week)
Salary: According to UQAM university salary scales.
FUNCTION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION :
This person gathers, selects, analyzes and processes information for presentation to various audiences and for promoting the University’s image and activities. They advise publics and carry out the communications projects entrusted to them.
The job description, deemed to be an integral part of the posting, may be consulted on the human resources website and at the Union.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES (for guidance only) :
The Communications Coordinator at Hexagram is in charge of planning, preparing and disseminating internal and external communications related to the activities of the Network and of its members. The Communications Coordinator reports to the General Coordinator of the network. The employer is UQAM.
- Plan and produce the Network’s trimestrial and weekly communications strategy in accordance with its activities;
- Manage the editorial calendar and social media publications (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn);
Maintain a watch on the activities of Network members and on topics relevant to the field;
- Contribute to writting the newsletter (bi-monthly, via Mailchimp), review before sending, and manage the mailing lists;
- Regularly update Hexagram’s website (WordPress);
- Coordinate the flow of information with communication offices and research offices of partner universities, other research institutes and cultural partners;
- Collect data about the impact of the communication tools deployed, contribute to activity reports and planning documents (i.e. grant applications);
- Maintain the press kit for specific activities;
- Sends letters and announcements to co-investigator members, students and collaborators;
- Develops and coordinates information dissemination with communications and research offices at partner universities and with Network partners;
- Excellent research and writing skills in French and English. Detail oriented when editing texts;
- Very good knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Discord and of their key performance indicators;
- Good understanding of the university research environment an asset;
- Graphic design skills an asset;
The Université du Québec à Montréal is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it invites applications from women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities who meet the job requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processing.
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French)