Deadline : The call is now closed.
Hexagram launches its call for applications to become a student member of the Network. Consisting of 46 co-investigators and more than 200 collaborator members and student members, the network collaborates with several cultural organizations and research institutions in Quebec, Canada and internationally to promote collaborative research-creation activities, to share knowledge among experts from different disciplines, and to disseminate new forms of creation in the public space.
Hexagram brings student members into an interdisciplinary research-creation community that includes expertise in visual arts, performing arts, media arts, sound arts, design and engineering, as well as other research approaches in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
- Graduate students and post-doctoral researchers enrolled in a Quebec university institution whose study project corresponds to the Network’s research-creation objectives and programming;
- Students must be directed, co-directed or supervised by a co-investigator member at Hexagram;
- Undergraduate student membership is on an exceptional basis and is evaluated by the Executive Committee;
- Membership is valid until the end of the program of study, but must be re-evaluated if there is a change of supervisor, research topic, or if the student changes institutional affiliation.
- are eligible for the various calls for projects and funding opportunities related to our programming, including international mobility events (Hexa_Out), inter-university research-creation residencies (DEMOS) and a biennial international symposium (Rencontres Interdisciplinaires d’Hexagram);
- may participate in dissemination activities organized with our partners in the cultural and professional sectors, during events such as BIAN, MUTEK, FNC, or exhibit as part of the programming of the ELEKTRA gallery;
- may be hired to assist in the operation of the Network’s activities, and may serve on the executive and establishment committees of partner institutions;
- can disseminate news about research activities to all members of the Network at any time, via the Network’s communication tools (newsletter to more than 2000 subscribers and publications on our various social platforms)
- Please fill this form before February 28, 2023.
- Download the student membership information document here.
- If you have any questions, please write to us at email@example.com
Image credit : Timothy Thomasson, Slow Track, 2021.