Hexagram Network is hiring a new Communications Coordinator
- Description: The Communications Coordinator at Hexagram is in charge of planning, preparing and disseminating internal and external communications related to the activities of the Network and of its members.
- Part-Time: 14 to 20h/Week
- Salary: According to UQAM salary scales.
- Deadline to submit application : November 18, 2021
- Start date: January 2022
- The Communications Coordinator reports to the General Coordinator of the network. The employer is UQAM.
Hexagram is a strategic cluster dedicated to research-creation: an emerging field of academic research that bridges artistic practice with the social and natural sciences in order to generate new knowledge through social, material and performative works. The network comprises around forty co-investigators, about fifty collaborators, and a little over 200 students. Members are mainly from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Concordia University, Université de Montréal, École de technologie supérieure, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue and McGill University. Since 2018, UQAM is the managing institution of the network and the workplace of the team of coordinators.
- Plan and produce the Network’s trimestrial and weekly communications strategy in accordance with its activities;
- Manage the editorial calendar and social media publications (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- Maintain a watch on the activities of Network members and on topics relevant to the field;
- Contribute to writting the newsletter (bi-monthly, via Mailchimp), review before sending, and manage the mailing lists;
- Regularly update Hexagram’s website (WordPress);
- Coordinate the flow of information with communication offices and research offices of partner universities, other research institutes and cultural partners;
- Collect data about the impact of the communication tools deployed, contribute to activity reports and planning documents (i.e. grant applications);
- Maintain the press kit for specific activities;
- Artwork: Alexandre Saunier, 2018, Ars Electronica, Linz.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a program of study at one of the Hexagram network partner universities and be able to produce proof of enrollment in January 2022;
- Excellent research and writing skills in French and English. Detail oriented when editing texts;
- Very good knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Discord and of their key performance indicators;
- Good understanding of the university research environment an asset;
- Graphic design skills an asset;
- Be able to work on site, at the Hexagram coordination office at UQAM, at least one full day per week.
- Artwork: Suzanne Kite, 2018, Ars Electronica, Linz.
How to apply:
- Send Curriculum Vitae including links to pieces of communications such as texts or media produced by the candidate, accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to submit application: November 18, 2021
- **Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.**