Audio creation residency at CMMAS (Morelia, Mexico)
Audio creation residency in Morelia, Mexico
Hexagram Network has developed a partnership with the “Centro Mexicano para la Música y las Artes Sonoras” (CMMAS) as a cultural exchange in contemporary music and sound creation. With the support of the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec (MCCQ) Hexagram Network and CMMAS are offering, for two Hexagram members, artistic residency of up to 3 weeks in Morelia, Mexico in April/May 2018.
We are looking for a proposition from a Student member and a proposition from a Regular member for participation to the residency project with our international collaboration.
Centro Mexicano para la Musica y las artes Sonoras (from cmmas.org)
The CMMAS has established itself as the main space in Latin America for the creation, reflection and learning of contemporary music, with and without new technologies. It is a unique and avant-garde center for research, experimentation and development of sonic projects, which places Mexico in a privileged place for linking the rest of the world.
As the main site in Mexico for music and sound production with new technologies, the CMMAS provides the spaces, human support and the technical resources necessary for those who use sound as the main material for their works, providing the adequate environment for the development and consolidation of individual and/or group projects.
Different support structures for Mexican and foreign artists are available with the purpose of fomenting the creation through residencies and commissions. The Center can even offer accommodations with around the clock access to its studios.
Submission criteria and evaluation
Following are the application criteria, make sure to read all the points before submitting your project.
- You need to be available to travel to Mexico in April/May 2018. The exact dates will be confirmed based on selected participants.
- All applicants must be Hexagram regular or student members. Please visit hexagram.ca to confirm your name is in our members lists.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in English.
- Deadline for submission is January 10 2018 11:59 PM.
- All applications must be sent to email@example.com
The application must include:
- Artistic C.V. (list of previous works) – maximum 2 pages
- Portfolio (preferably online)
- Description of the research-creation project you would like to pursue during the residency (500 words)
All submissions will be reviewed by a jury composed of Hexagram Researchers with expertise in sound. The jury will select one application from a Regular member and one application from a Student member.
All applications will be evaluated according to the project’s innovation, the link with Hexagram mandate and research axis, the project’s impact (technical knowledge, cultural exchange, public presentation) as well as presentation clarity.
For more information on Hexagram Network and research axis please visit hexagram.ca
The selected researchers will be announced by January 22 2018.