The two streams of this fund aim to:
- Support research-creation projects by groups of Network co-investigator members;
- Promote new collaborations between co-investigators, specifically between members from different partner universities with diverse expertise, likely to open new research-creation avenues;
- Support grant and other funding applications by co-investigator members, to Québec, Canadian and international programmes;
* Projects or applications led by collaborator members and student members of Hexagram do not qualify to apply for these funds.
The next call will be launched in mid-August 2023.
This stream aims to support a new research-creation collaboration between Network co-investigators. For example, to conduct pilot projects, or to support the preparation of a major grant applications led by two or more Network co-investigators. Priority will be given to projects by co-investigators affiliated to different Network partner universities who are undertaking new collaborations.
Hexagram’s contribution must be allocated to eligible expenses by the Network (contact the coordination for details: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Maximum amount: 5 000$
This stream aims to support collaborative projects for which co-investigators apply for additional funding to Québec, Canadian or international programs that require matching funds.
Hexagram’s maximum financial contribution is 5 000$, which must be allocated to expenses allowed by the Network (contact coordination for details). Hexagram’s contribution cannot exceed 50% of the total budget.
For additional funding (Quebec, Canadian or international research funding programs), co-investigators must indicate the name of the program to which they are applying, the deadline for submission and the expected date of announcement of results. Hexagram’s contribution is conditional to the acceptance of the application to the specified program to which the co-investigator member is applying (see question 7 on the form).
In addition to this application, if relevant, co-researchers may also apply to Hexa_Out funds for the international outreach of the collaborative research and creation project at specific events (conferences, colloquia, festivals,…) or for interregional travel funds for structuring activities related to the proposed project that take place in Québec. Contact Manuelle Freire at email@example.com for questions regarding Network financial contributions towards the project.
Approval of Hexa_Out funds and interregional travel funds will be evaluated separately from this complementary funds application. Hexagram’s allocation of funds remains contingent on the acceptance of the proposal by the research funding programme to which co-investigators are applying.
Maximum amount: 5 000$
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION OF BOTH STREAMS
- Expected outcomes of the projects and how these are connected to Hexagram’s mission;
- The total number of Network co-investigator members participating in the project, their roles, and their affiliation to different partner universities of the Network;
- The total number of collaborator members and student members of the Network participating in the project as well as new collaborators (external to the Network), and their roles in the project. New collaborations between Network members and with new partners (researchers, professionals or others) will be valued;
- The estimated impact and outreach within the research-creation community and/or related research fields, social groups and other socio-economic sectors;
- Equity, diversity and inclusivity measures taken into consideration when planning and conducting the project (if pertinent for the nature of the project).