JOB OFFER : Communications Coordinator at Hexagram
10 to 14h/week
Description : The Communications Coordinator at Hexagram is in charge of planning, preparing and disseminating content for communications related to the activities of the network and its members. The Communications Coordinator reports to the General Coordinator of the network.
Hexagram is a strategic cluster dedicated to research-creation: an emerging field of academic research that bridges artistic practice with the social and natural sciences in order to generate new knowledge through social, material and performative works. The network comprises around forty co-investigators, about fifty collaborators, and a little over 200 students. Members are mainly from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Concordia University, Université de Montréal, École de technologie supérieure, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Université du Québec en Abitibi- Témiscamingue and McGill University. Since 2018, UQAM is the managing institution of the network and the workplace of the team of coordinators (during the pandemic, the team is working from home).
- Plan and produce communications to ensure the visibility of the network’s news and activities;
- Manage the editorial calendar and social media publications (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) ;
- Maintain a watch on the activities of network members and on topics deemed relevant to the field;
- Write and send the newsletter and manage the mailing lists;
- Regularly update Hexagram's website;
- Coordinate the flow of information with communication offices of partner universities, other research and art centres; - Collect data about the impact of the communication tools deployed, contribute to activity reports and planning documents (i.e. grant applications);
- Maintain the press kit;
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a program of study at one of the Hexagram network partner universities; - At least two years work experience in communications in institutional, higher education or art and cultural sectors;
- Good writing skills in French and English;
- Very good knowledge of the main social media publishing tools and of their key performance indicators;
- Good understanding of the university research environment an asset; - Knowledge of Joomla and/or WordPress an asset;
Start date: January 2021
How to apply:
Send Curriculum Vitae including links to pieces of communications such as texts or media produced by the candidate, accompanied by a cover letter to
Deadline to submit application: December 7, 2020
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.