The Hexagram network and ELEKTRA are pleased to announce a joint call for projects aimed at students and artist-researchers from the Hexagram network to exhibit at the Galerie ELEKTRA located in the heart of the Mile-End, a major support and dissemination centre for the artistic community. Since its opening in 2019, Galerie ELEKTRA’s mandate is to create a space for aesthetic and discursive research through digital artistic production. In this context, the Hexagram-ELEKTRA partnership has for objective to encourage exchanges between cultural and academic communities in the field of digital arts. The selected projects will be part of the Galerie ELEKTRA’s programming between January and December 2021.
To submit a project please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist’s Curriculum Vitae.s
- A description of the project and artistic approach in PDF format (maximum 2000 words) including :
- The research-creation approach;
- Description of the work;
- The links with the research-creation interests of the Hexagram network;
- A technical specification sheet of the work;
- A documentation of the work in progress or completed (maximum 10 images and/or videos) via a permanent download link (for example: Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox).
The selection of works will be made by a committee composed of representatives of ELEKTRA and regular members of the Hexagram network.
The gallery offers professional technical assistance for the montages and has limited but high quality equipment. Please note that works with sound content can only be shown with headphones.
The Hexagram network will pay a $500 fee to selected students.
Galerie ELEKTRA is located at the Pôle de Gaspé at 5445 avenue de Gaspé #104, Montreal, QC, H2T 3B2.
The deadline for submitting projects is June 1st, 2020.
For any questions regarding the call for projects, please contact Marc-André Cossette by email at email@example.com.