Deadline: April 30, 2021
Hexagram launches its call for applications to become a student member of the international network comprised of 45 co-investigators and over 200 collaborators and student members. The Network collaborates with several cultural and research institutions in Québec, Canada and internationally to organize and promote art and science events that aim to exchange knowledge between experts from different disciplines, and disseminate new forms of artistic creation in the public space.
Hexagram integrates student members into an interdisciplinary research-creation community of experts from the visual and performing arts, media arts, sound arts, design, and engineering, who work in close relationships with research approaches in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
Who is eligible?
● Graduate or postdoctoral students who are enrolled in a Quebec university and whose research project is aligned with the Network’s field, objectives and programming;
● You must be directed, co-directed or supervised by a co-investigator;
● Undergraduate student membership is exceptional: applications must be evaluated by the Executive Committee;
● Student membership will remain active until the expected date of completion of graduate studies. It will be reassessed if the student changes graduate studies supervisor, research topic, or institutional affiliation.
Student members :
● Are eligible to submit projects to calls related to the Network’s programming, namely for international mobility activities (Hexa_Out), inter-university research-creation residencies (DEMOS) and the biannual international symposium (Hexagram Interdisciplinary Summit);
● Can participate in outreach activities organized with our partners from the cultural and professional sectors such as BIAN, Mutek, FNC, or exhibit in the programming of the ELEKTRA gallery;
● Can Be hired for the production of specific activities, or take on governance roles as part of Hexagram’s Executive Committee or of Partner Institutions’ Committees;
● Can, at all times, disseminate news and events related to their own research endeavours to all members and partners of Hexagram, through the Network’s communications tools (including a mailing list of 2000+ addresses and our social media platforms).
The deadline to complete the application form is April 30 at 23:59.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com